Are you tired of spending hours conducting trademark searches only to come up empty-handed? Look no further than TMview! This powerful online tool offers a range of features that can revolutionize your trademark search process. From its extensive database to its user-friendly interface, there are countless reasons why TMview is the go-to resource for businesses and individuals alike. In this blog post, we’ll explore five ways TMview can streamline your search efforts and help you protect your intellectual property with ease. Let’s dive in!
Overview of TMview
TMview is the EU Intellectual Property Office’s online database that provides access to more than 85 million trade mark applications and registrations from over 90 countries.
You can use TMview to:
-find out if a trade mark is already registered or applied for
-get information on the owner of a trade mark
-see where a trade mark has been registered
-search for similar trade marks
-download data on multiple trade marks in CSV format.
Advantages of Using TMview for Trademark Searches
When it comes to trademark searches, TMview is the clear choice for many reasons. First and foremost, TMview provides users with access to over 60 million trademarks from more than 100 countries around the world. This gives users an unprecedented level of data when conducting searches, making it possible to find more relevant results in a shorter amount of time.
Another key advantage of using TMview is that the platform offers advanced search functionality that goes beyond simple keyword matching. This includes features like Boolean operators, wildcard searches, and proximity searches, which allow users to fine-tune their search queries and get even more accurate results.
Finally, TMview is constantly updated with new data from participating national and regional trademark offices, ensuring that users always have the most up-to-date information at their fingertips. This makes it an essential tool for anyone who needs to stay on top of the latest developments in the trademark landscape.
Step-by-Step Guide to Using TMview for Trademark Searches
Assuming you have a basic understanding of how to use TMview, this section will provide a more detailed, step-by-step guide on conducting trademark searches using this powerful tool.
1) After logging in to TMview, select the ‘Search’ tab at the top of the page.
2) In the ‘Free Text Search’ field, enter the word or phrase you wish to search for. You can also enter multiple words or phrases here, separated by commas.
3) If you want to narrow your search results further, you can use the various filters on the left-hand side of the page. For example, you can specify the type of mark (e.g. word mark, figurative mark), goods and services covered by the mark, and so on.
4) Once you’re happy with your search criteria, click on the ‘Search’ button at the bottom of the page.
5) Your search results will be displayed in a list format, with the most recently filed trademarks appearing first. For each result, you’ll see key information such as the trademark registration number, owner, filing date and so on.
6) If you want to view more details about a particular trademark, simply click on its name in the list. This will take you to a new page where you can view information such as a description of the mark, list of goods/services covered and so on.
Examples of Successful Searches Using TMview
1. A company called ACME wants to trademark the name “Super Widget”. They search for “Super Widget” on TMview and find that there are already 10 trademarks containing the word “widget”. However, none of these are similar enough to ACME’s proposed use to be considered infringing.
2. Another company, XYZ Corp, is looking to trademark the phrase “The Best Thing Since Sliced Bread”. They search for this phrase on TMview and find that it is already registered as a trademark by another company. XYZ Corp decides not to pursue their trademark application any further.
1. Tips and Tricks for Getting the Most Out of TMview
If you’re looking to streamline your trademark search process, TMview is a great resource to consider. This online database provides access to over 60 million trademark registrations and applications from over 100 countries worldwide. In addition, TMview offers a variety of helpful features and tools that can make searching for trademarks easier and more efficient. Here are some tips and tricks for getting the most out of this valuable resource:
1. Use the Advanced Search Functionality
TMview’s advanced search functionality allows you to narrow down your search results by a variety of criteria, including filing date, registration date,Nice description status, owner, goods/services, and more. This can save you a lot of time when trying to locate specific trademarks.
2. Save Your Searches
If you find yourself searching for the same trademarks repeatedly, you can save those searches on TMview for easy access in the future. Simply click on the “Save Search” button at the top of the page after conducting a search. You can then name and manage your saved searches from the “My Saved Searches” page.
3. Stay Up-To-Date with Alerts
TMview’s “Alerts” feature allows you to receive email notifications whenever new trademarks matching your specified criteria are filed or registered. This is a great way to stay on top of any new developments in your field without having
TMview is a great tool that can make the trademark search process much easier and more efficient. Not only does it provide an extensive library of trademarks, but it also offers a range of features such as advanced filtering, international coverage, and integration with other tools. With these five ways to revolutionize your trademark search process, you will be able to find the perfect mark for your business quickly and easily. Give TMview a try today to take control of your trademark search process!